Perpetual Adoration is a Eucharistic devotion where members of the parish unite in taking hours of adoration before the Most Blessed Sacrament, both during the day and throughout the night, seven days a week.
What spiritual benefits and graces can be attributed to the establishment of a parish Perpetual Adoration program?
- an increase in Mass attendance and reception of the sacraments;
- return of fallen-away Catholics and increase in the number of conversions;
- increase in religious and priestly vocations;
- renewal of Catholic family life;
- spiritual level of the people is raised with a resulting desire and courage to spread the "good news" to others;
- a greater community spirit, centered as it is on the heart of the parish, Jesus' presence in the Blessed Sacrament.
Perpetual Adoration began at St. Charles Borromeo Church February 13, 1994.
My Lord Jesus Christ,
I believe that You are really here in this Sacrament.
Night and day You remain here compassionate and loving.
You call, You wait for,
You welcome everyone who comes to visit You.
I thank You, Jesus my Divine Redeemer
for coming upon the earth for our sake
and for instituting the Adorable Sacrament of the Holy
in order to remain with us until the end of the world.
I thank You for hiding beneath the Eucharistic species
Your infinite majesty and beauty,
which Your Angels delight to behold,
so that I might have courage to approach the throne of
I thank You dear Jesus,
for having become the priceless Victim,
to merit for me the fullness of heavenly favors.
Awaken in me such confidence in You
that their fullness may descend ever more fruitfully upon
I thank You for offering Yourself
in thanksgiving to God for all His benefits,
spiritual and temporal
which He has bestowed on me.
Grant me grace and perseverance in your faithful service.